Strawberry Yogurt Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
15 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
Layers of whole grain oats, strawberries and sweet yogurt are sandwiched together to make the perfect hand-held breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, defrosted and chopped
- 3/4 cup Yoplait® Source® Strawberry Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Layer an 8x8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, letting the paper hang over the sides. Set aside.
- Begin with the oat layer by combining the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, melted butter and milk.
- Add egg mixture to oat mixture, and stir until well combined. Transfer 1/2 cup of the oat mixture to a small bowl, and set aside.
- Place the remaining oat mixture into the prepared baking dish, and press down to make a solid crust. Set aside.
- Make the strawberry-yogurt layer by combining the strawberries, yogurt, egg, and flour in a medium-size mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the oat base and spread into one even layer. Sprinkle the reserved oat layer on top evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the yogurt layer is set and the oat layer is golden brown. Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the parchment paper overhang. Slice into eight bars.